[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Chill Cheaters - Aquatherm Suits
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chill Cheaters - Aquatherm Suits

Chill Cheaters - Aquatherm Suits 9 years, 5 months ago #141

I am from the US and we do not have Reed's Chill Cheater product available yet. I have seen some of the pieces and I am really interested in this. Does anyone have any first hand experience on how it performs? In surf? What temps would you generally use it in? How much water comes in the neck/wrists if you were to swim?

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks!
Suzanne

Chill Cheaters - Aquatherm Suits 9 years, 5 months ago #142

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
I am currently reviewing this thing for a Playak review and have to say I really like it. It is not 100% dry if you roll a lot, but then again, what is?

The matreial is very light and flexible and extremely strong. I have been using and abusing it a lot for the review and I still don't see any wear.

Make sure you have a good thermal shirt underneath though, as the top itself hardly isolates. Its main trick is that it's a bit rubbery and thus the water always drops off immediately, preventing wind chill.

I really like the looks as well, but that's very personal of course
If you're happy, you're successful.

Chill Cheaters - Aquatherm Suits 9 years, 5 months ago #143

Do you have any guidelines as to what temps you wear it in? I live and play in northern New England- Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine. Kayak year round and use a Kokatat dry suit in the winter. I am definitely dry in that and it doesn't let a drop of water in the neck or wrist gaskets. Our water temps are currently running at 2 celsius and air is -6 celsius. My thought is that the chill cheaters wouldn't replace a dry suit in those conditions but it may work well for our Fall and Spring paddling.

What are the lowest temps - water and air that you have used the suit in and felt comfortable? (Of course worn with the appropriate layering underneath for the conditions.)

Do you use it for white water, surf or touring?

Suzanne

Chill Cheaters - Aquatherm Suits 9 years, 5 months ago #144

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
I'd use it for anything, but in winter there's not much water here, so it's more like a work out at the moment. I did use it in freezing conditions a couple of times already. Indeed, it only depends on the layering underneath. As the top is so loose and flexible, there's space for lots of layers though
If you're happy, you're successful.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds

Sponsors

Kokatat

SawyerFluid KayaksJohnson OutdoorsJK

Site Search

See AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement.  Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately.