support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions

White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 8 months ago #32547

• Doucettej
  • Pro Boarder
I posted this in general as well so if that's not allowed sorry for the double post!

Hi everyone, I am developing White Water 3D and will be trying to make a fantastic 3D kayaking game, more realistic and true to kayaking.

I am looking for suggestions on what kayaks I should have in the game. I'm looking to do a few specific rivers, maybe 10-12 and various kayak types to best run the rivers with. They won't all be white water, some will be a mixture and so will need kayaks other than white water kayaks.

I'm looking more for specific kayaks/brand names.

Also if anyone has suggestions on what rivers I should include in the game that would be of great help as well :) Big name rivers that kayakers will know :)

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
Jason
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 8 months ago #32549

• Troy@KWP
  • Pro Boarder
I'd say the Green River for one. :) Thats a really popular one. The Futaleufu in Chile is super popular, along with the Colorado river. :)

For kayak names, I'd say the Jackson Kayak Rock Star, Fun, and Hero kayak. The Wave Sport Diesel. Stuff like that. :)

I'd love to see a game like that out there. By mobile do you mean iPhone? Or Android? :) Or what are you thinking?

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 8 months ago #32550

• Doucettej
  • Pro Boarder
Hey, those are some great ideas, that's exactly the kind of stuff I am looking for :) Anyone else also feel free to chime in, even if you just wanna say you agree with what has been said.

Yeah, by mobile I mean iPhone and android and the various tablets, possibly even a PC version if it gets popular enough. I made the White Water, the 2D one, and that one has been doing great for downloads for the free version but it's not really a wow kind of game and I am rethinking my approach to a Kayaking game.

What I am thinking is a series of rivers, you can kayak down them and maybe at certain spots you'll be able to have screen shots taken of you going down the river. There will be several different kayaks you can unlock by completing rivers. Possibly you'll be able to get achievements like doing certain moves in spots on the river same as in real white water kayaking. Even re writing ? your kayak could be an achievement, who knows :)

Not sure if the game will be a points kind of game or just a paddle down the river and look at the pretty scenery, kind of like real kayaking. Maybe even night time kayaking trips down the rivers, who knows :) just in the planning phase right now and thought I'd gather some info from pros :) see what you guys wanna see in a kayaking game.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed and will help improve the game for sure :D

Cheers,
Jason

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 8 months ago #32551

• Troy@KWP
  • Pro Boarder
Awesome. I'd definitely buy it for my iPod Touch! :D "the White Water 2D one"? What one is that? Do you have a link to the free download? I'd like it try it. :) Gotcha, good thinking.

That sounds fun. There's also freestyle kayaking with tricks and all, which could make for a fun mini game or something. Trying to reach a certain score in your one minute ride. Just a thought. :) I like those ideas though, they sound cool!

That makes sense. Night time is fun! Sometimes people will tape glow sticks to their paddles and all, in case implementing that would help with lighting in your game.

Well what I'd like to see in a kayaking game is a lot of what you're talking about. Going down a river would be fun! However, it may not be exciting enough for some people to keep playing. Maybe you could have some races or some down river freestyle moves to make a score within a certain distance. Also, slalom gates. :) How about check points? Like eddies behind rocks and stuff? I don't know, just throwing out ideas. Hopefully something helps!

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 8 months ago #32552

• Doucettej
  • Pro Boarder
no free one for iphone unfortunately, here is the link for it though in case you still wanna grab it itunes.apple.com/us/app/white-water/id519717622?ls=1&mt=8

I was thinking maybe multiplayer but not sure how that would work... I'll have to think about all this some more :) great ideas though, like the glow stick idea.

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 8 months ago #32553

• Troy@KWP
  • Pro Boarder
Ah, thats ok, just wondering. :)

That would be a lot of fun! Yeah, good luck with all that. Thanks!

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 8 months ago #32564

• Paul S
  • Grom Boarder
Maybe the Jackson FunRunner and Pyranha s6x? :)

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 6 months ago #32658

• KDilla
  • Grom Boarder
The Ottawa River in Ontario, Canada.
The Soca River in Slovenia (even if only for the water colour and scenery!)

I'd like to see some Liquid Logic kayaks in there! Stomper, FreeRide...

Maybe some playparks, some freestyle moves.

Keep us updated!

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 6 months ago #32659

• Doucettej
  • Pro Boarder
Hey these are all great suggestions! Currently I'm being swamped with other projects but the game is still in the making :) I am quite sure it'll be a 2013 game but all these suggestions are great! I am saving each response so when I get to making the rivers and the kayaks etc I'll have a big list to pick from. Obviously the kayaks / rivers that are mentioned more will get priority over the others :) so keep that in mind when you make recommendations!

If you also have a preference over IOS or android I'd love to see where the greater amount of users will be :)

Thanks all!!!

Jason

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 5 months ago #32720

• Doucettej
  • Pro Boarder
Hi all, hope everyone is enjoying the summer :) I am having a thought here of making the game for PC as well with XBox 360 controller controls as well as the regular controls. Any thoughts? :)

If your interested in this game I'd love for a quick reply with what system you'd love to see the game on, IOS, Android, PC, Mac, OUYA ;) , other? And also if you'd use a controller or just touch / keyboard / mouse to play

Thanks!
Jason

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 2 months ago #32840

• Doucettej
  • Pro Boarder

Hi all, I've been working on WhiteWater 3D as of late and am looking through the comments posted in this thread as I build the game.

I am however not a white water kayaker myself and so really need your help with some things. I'd love to add in some capabilities for tricks which would go towards scores and also towards building up the players strength (possibly) but I am not sure of tricks white water kayakers do.

So I am looking to you guys and gals, the experts, to throw some tricks out there so I can research them and make sure they are in the game :) All I need are trick names, I can no doubt find videos on youtube to see what they look like when they are done correctly.

Thanks everyone for helping me out with this game! I expect to be finished it by March / April 2013 and will be posting here when it's all done :)

Cheers,
Jason

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 2 months ago #32843

• Troy@KWP
  • Pro Boarder
Awesome. Glad to see this is still going. :)

Ok. So I'm guessing you're doing a downriver type game? Just, kayaking down rapids and all? :) If so, the kinds of tricks are a tad different, just so you know. Things like a kick-flip, macho-move, or rocket-move are somewhat basic and all pretty different. If there's a water fall maybe a Hail-Mary would work. Like you said, Google should show all of those, so I won't make this a super long post by explaining. :P

Looking forward to getting to try it. :) Keep up the good work.

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 2 months ago #32873

• Doucettej
  • Pro Boarder
So as part of making WhiteWater 3D I've entered into the OUYA contest. Here's a glimpse of what the game will be like, but remember it's just a prototype, much more will be in the full game.

killscreendaily.com/create/video.php?submissionID=131

Also spread the word and help me win the competition so I can make this game truly awesome :)

Thanks everyone for everything!

Cheers,
Jason

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 1 month ago #32885

• Doucettej
  • Pro Boarder
Hi all, just trying to make a final list of kayaks to build for the game, others can be added down the road but for an initial list i'd love to have these confirmed as awesome kayaks to have in the game :) If anyone has others that would be cool as well please let me know. I need awesome and less awesome ones in there for unlocks etc as you progress through the game :)

Jackson Kayak Rock Star
Jackson Fun
Jackson Hero kayak
Wave Sport Diesel
Jackson FunRunner
Pyranha s6x
Liquid Logic Stomper
Liquid Logic FreeRide

For a very early preview of he game have a look here :)

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 1 month ago #32886

• Troy@KWP
  • Pro Boarder
Those sound like great boats to me. :) Only one boat that I didn't think to mention. Maybe as a starting one or something? The Perception Dancer. Its an OLD classic boat, which is why it may make it a good starter. Just an idea. :)

Watched the preview, it looks awesome. :D

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 1 month ago #32887

• Doucettej
  • Pro Boarder
New video showing some a hail mary trick, as you can see the kayak is quite maneuverable.

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 11 years 17 hours ago #32905

• Doucettej
  • Pro Boarder
Hey all, another update here for the WhiteWater 3D game. We've not yet confirmed Liquid Logic yet for the use of their kayaks, we may pull those from the game or the list as it were.

For those looking for more info or wanting a place to keep up with the progress please check out http://www.laughinggullproductions.com/WhiteWater3d.html

Cheers,
Jason

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 10 years 11 months ago #32917

• Doucettej
  • Pro Boarder

Here the latest progress video for WhiteWater 3D! :)

Cheers,
Jason

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 10 years 9 months ago #33002

• goldminer06
  • Grom Boarder
I know that I might be to late to suggest this and this may be very difficult but adding Inga Falls to it would put this game over the top!

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 10 years 9 months ago #33005

• Doucettej
  • Pro Boarder
Heya, thanks for the comment :) unfortunately the game has changed a bit and I won;t be doing specific rivers etc :( I'm kinda a one man team and building specific rivers would be a huge undertaking... I think I was a bit overzealous when I was first thinking of what the game would be :)

But there is always the next version in a few years :) Maybe that one will be super realistic and I'll have more people working for me then ;)

An update here to the game, it's going live for OUYA game console on the 20th of June. The Android and iOS version should be out by mid to late July.

I'll keep you all posted when it goes live for mobile :)

Cheers,
Jason

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 10 years 8 months ago #33099

• Doucettej
  • Pro Boarder
WhiteWater 3D is now launched on the OUYA game console. I'll be gearing it up for iOS and Android tablets soon and will let you guys know when it's live.

New video added :D
Attachments:

Re: White Water 3D mobile game kayak suggestions 10 years 6 months ago #33142

• Doucettej
  • Pro Boarder
WhiteWater 3D is now live for Google Play, Apple app store to soon follow!

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co...s.WhiteWater3D&hl=en
Time to create page: 0.815 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.