Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Chill Cheaters - Aquatherm Suits

Chill Cheaters - Aquatherm Suits 19 years 1 month ago #142

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
I am currently reviewing this thing for a Playak review and have to say I really like it. It is not 100% dry if you roll a lot, but then again, what is?

The matreial is very light and flexible and extremely strong. I have been using and abusing it a lot for the review and I still don't see any wear.

Make sure you have a good thermal shirt underneath though, as the top itself hardly isolates. Its main trick is that it's a bit rubbery and thus the water always drops off immediately, preventing wind chill.

I really like the looks as well, but that's very personal of course :)
If you're happy, you're successful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Chill Cheaters - Aquatherm Suits 19 years 1 month ago #144

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
I'd use it for anything, but in winter there's not much water here, so it's more like a work out at the moment. I did use it in freezing conditions a couple of times already. Indeed, it only depends on the layering underneath. As the top is so loose and flexible, there's space for lots of layers though :lol:
If you're happy, you're successful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.