support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Paddling Apparel and Injuries Survey

Paddling Apparel and Injuries Survey 19 years 1 month ago #140

• SarahTaylor
  • Junior Boarder
My name is Sarah Taylor, and I am a graduate student at Virginia Tech studying Functional Apparel Design. For my research, I am surveying whitewater paddlers to determine their unmet apparel needs. I would like to survey as many whitewater paddlers as possible - your participation is GREATLY appreciated.

My goal is to take the information you provide and design new whitewater paddling apparel products. I will select the most marketable items, and construct prototypes myself. I will then test the prototypes on the water to evaluate physiological implications.

I am very excited about my research and I hope that you will take a few minutes to complete my questionnaire. Please read all questions thoroughly and answer them honestly. Take your time when completing the survey and include as much information as possible.

The survey will close on March 10th if enough data has been collected. If not, I will be contacting paddling websites across the country again.

www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=8651890149

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

:D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Paddling Apparel and Injuries Survey 19 years 1 month ago #150

• SarahTaylor
  • Junior Boarder
I forgot to mention that when you complete the questionnaire, you will be entered to win a $200 gift certificate to the online paddling retailer of your choice!!

Paddling Apparel and Injuries Survey 19 years 1 month ago #173

• lennart
  • Pro Boarder
Hi sarah

Is it international?

This is an german/international forum. I was speedreading your intro and i'am not sure if you want non us people to join your survey.

Paddling Apparel and Injuries Survey 19 years 1 month ago #174

• SarahTaylor
  • Junior Boarder
Please do! And pass on to your friends!

Paddling Apparel and Injuries Survey 19 years 1 month ago #175

• MattD
  • Pro Boarder
this whole paddle jacket vs. dry top thing is very confusing!!! I got nearly to the end before realising you meant different things. Why is this like this?

Paddling Apparel and Injuries Survey 19 years 1 month ago #176

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
[quote:39cb6eb368="lennart"]This is an german/international forum.[/quote:39cb6eb368]

Who told you that?

International OK, but most readers here are from the US....

:-)
If you're happy, you're successful.

Paddling Apparel and Injuries Survey 19 years 1 month ago #177

• SarahTaylor
  • Junior Boarder
Well, we wanted to ask about the two different tops because they are the norm for paddling, and that most people had both- and in our focus groups and initial questioning, it was clear to most folks around here... If you want, try to take the survey again, and mention that you already took it so i can delete your first response...

Paddling Apparel and Injuries Survey 19 years 3 weeks ago #183

• shivaoutdoors
  • Expert Boarder
hi,

sounds like a bit of a cheat...if i will give you a fully ready designed paddlejacket with all the details to make it>

useable in cold and hot weather/water
safer (you'll be surprised)
easy to produce (i work with outdoor equipments)

woudl you want to buy it...

say selling price will definatly be in the top end but it would also mean that there's no need for the shorty anymore (and many other items)

andy

but i don't like the idea to sell you a design for 200$ which involved many of years of kayaking and self education in garment design and textiles...

so i guess it'll just rot in a corner until someone else gets the same idea..

by the way it isn't the pull on/off sleeve idea from peak...

Paddling Apparel and Injuries Survey 19 years 3 weeks ago #184

• SarahTaylor
  • Junior Boarder
The end result of this research will be based on hundreds of ideas, not just your ideas. My statistical analysis will produce the end result. The questions asked on the survey are based on many different studies - if you like, I would be more than happy to send you my reference list. It is a type of design process used in research, and not for commercial gain.
I thank you for your ideas, and I hope you will not sit in a corner to rot...
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.