Support American Whitewater! support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: wet exit

wet exit 12 years 6 months ago #31697

• aposto
  • Grom Boarder
hey guys and girls. iam new to kayaking I plan on taking leeson but my question is . I just bought a dagger gtx for river running iam 5ft 6 190lbs is it easier to exit your kayak upside. because i have a hard time getting my legs out when iam in it on land
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: wet exit 12 years 6 months ago #31698

• WRRide
  • Grom Boarder
I can hardly get in or out of my boat when it is upright but can wet exit with no problem. With that said I would not reccomend finding out you can't exit on the river. Grab a friend, find some still water, and practice, better safe than sorry.

Re: wet exit 12 years 6 months ago #31700

• aposto
  • Grom Boarder
thanks that makes me feel alittle better.and i wont be trying this alone

Re: wet exit 12 years 6 months ago #31701

• cjcc
  • Guru Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Grab the sides of the boat just outside of the rim, lift your body up off the seat (just enough to clear the back deck), and slide straight back.

Re: wet exit 12 years 6 months ago #31703

• jconrad
  • Grom Boarder
Don't forget, you have to pop your skirt first. I move my legs out from under the thigh hooks, then push against the sides of the cockpit with my arms, lifting my butt up and out of the boat. Wearing a nose plug helps keep the water out of your nose. When practicing in a pool, i wear a dive mask. This not only keeps the water out of my nose, it keeps the chlorine water out of my eyes and allows me to see clearly what I am doing. Jack

Re: wet exit 12 years 6 months ago #31706

• aposto
  • Grom Boarder
thanks for all good tips.

Re: wet exit 12 years 4 months ago #31935

• jihli63
  • Grom Boarder
the anser is yes. but if i were you go to a pool or lake some flat water roll over sing the ABC's then do a we exit if you are uncomfortable have someone there that can hand of God you if need be but it shouldnt be a problom to get out i am 230 pounds and was able to get out of a buddys 2fun a boat i am at least 50 pounds to heavy for and well i thought i was gunna break it getting in
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.