Login / Connect
Like us on Facebook
- Vacuum/inflatable SUP » Hope these are as good as they sound! This tech would put inflatables on par with hardboards....
- Two more new SUP brands » Another inflatable SUP brand discovered at ISPO: http://www.light-surfboards.com/i-sup.html An...
- SUP in MAllorca » Hi Folks, If planning a trip a to Mallorca (Spain), and would like to take SUP lessons, rent the ...
- Re: Wanted- Portland Oregon- Creek Boat » opinions and ideas welcome people.... (FS - North America - Canada)
- Jackson Mon Star... » Looking for a Jackson Mon Star - anyone have any idea where I might find one. I know that they were ... (FS - North America - Canada)
- Bliss Stick Specialist kayak 5'9" for sale » This kayak is intended to be paddled on moving water and is considered a play boat. It has a flat b... (FS - North America - Canada)
[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Lucy O'Brien running challanging pour over - Neptune's Rangers Rough Water...
Our group loves a good challenge. We try to improve ourselves by making experienced decisions and pushing our own limits to improve our skills. Sometimes it may look like boat bashing and sometimes it may look easy. But there is a little more substance behind our group that you don't see in the...
Our group loves a good challenge. We try to improve ourselves by making experienced decisions and pushing our own limits to improve our skills. Sometimes it may look like boat bashing and sometimes it may look easy. But there is a little more substance behind our group that you don't see in the videos. Here is a great example of someone pushing the limit. This is a difficult run on the outskirts of Noyo Bay in Mendocino. Lucy did not make it the first time and got worked, then came back using what she learned on the first run and made it look easy. What makes this run so tricky? A lot of amplitude is needed to clear the rock, plus it was Lucy's first time using a WW boat in Rock Garden paddling, So she didn't take Into account that the boat was slower than the 14.5ft Looksha Sport she was used to. After the first run Lucy talked with us about how to improve her timing and her takeoff angle. The second run she accelerated sooner to beat the crest of the wave, and she also switched to a different approach to get more help from the current of the wave washing over the rock. The result: A clean run over the rock and a huge air drop over the other side FUN!! Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com or: neptunesrangers.com
See AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately.