[please login to make this ad block disappear]
- Birth date
- Home Country
- adidas Sickline 2012
- The Dandy Warhols, Shakira, Official Mr Scruff
- The Business with George Lee, Republic of Telly, Breaking Bad, South Park, Bottom, Family Guy, Dragons' Den (Ireland), Father Ted
- Through The Roots
- Haynes Kayaking Manual
- About me
Owner/Manager of www.i-canoe.com
Naturally I dabble in most disciplines of paddling but also mountain biking, climbing and kite boarding.
Education and Work
- No friends yet
- No joined groups.
Why when you forget about fruit in a dry bag, it's always bananas???
12 months ago
- Re:SMOOTHY » I think all would admit that the volume stats for the RAD 185 are well under what they should be - probably more like 54 - 58 gals than 51... The last time I checked the printed stats for the 195 they were 50.5 gals:-) I suppose it depends on what a kiwi gallon compares to a US or Uk one...... (Bliss Stick)
- Re:Rad vs specialist » I think Norm was speaking in general terms and I would think that even Norm would admit that the volume stats on the website need to be taken with pinch of salt.... (Bliss Stick)
- Re:Bliss-stick Specialist 5'9 » Up to 75kgs approx.... (Discuss)
- Re:SCUD » I'm 75kgs and find it perfect for the SCUD. Sits nice and high in the water and glides over the nasty stuff. Thankfully I haven't taken any hard landings on the nose due to the SCUDs auto-boofability, but if I did I'd be thankful of those shock absorbing foam footrests!!:)... (Bliss Stick)
- Re:Specialist » Once you are within the weight range, the Specialist is fine for river running. It's got plenty more volume on the back-deck than the RADs had so this should reduce any tail happiness. Bigger Specialist won't be ready til at least March/April so any available stats at the moment would be pure gu... (Bliss Stick)
- Re:FReestyle Kayaks » Hi Phil, For demos of RAD 180, Nemesis Medium, Project 52 or JK Allstar give me a call on 01-6585015. Cheers, Colm www.i-canoe.com... (Whitewater)
- Re:please help!!! » Hi Joey, By the sounds of it, it might be worth waiting a little while for the smaller Mystic to be available. It'll be about the same size as the Huka but will carve and track better thanks to those rails. We're hoping to launch the smaller Mystic in the UK at Canoexpo in February. Cheers, ... (Bliss Stick)
- Re:Exo Pin-Up » Yep seen one up close at Kanumesse last week and it's pretty much a RAD clone (rocker profile and volume distrib). Length 185cm, Width 65cm, Volume 200L. Outfitting looks reasonable and price is good although from experience shipping from Italy is notoriously expensive compared to other EU countri...
- Re:Mystic wt range? » Hi Chris, I would estimate the Mystic will take up to 220 pounds. 200 pounds should be fine even with a bit of extra gear in the stern. Cheers, Colm... (Bliss Stick)
- Re:Bliss Stick scud » The SCUD would be a fantastic kayak for tight and technical grade 4/5 paddling in Scotland. Having paddled one in Sweden for a weeks paddling trip I found it handled all water types extremely well, rode higher up on top of the water than most rounder hulled creekers and tended to skip over holes ra... (Whitewater)
To see more Facebook information about this user, make sure your Playak and Facebook accounts are connected (click the blue Connect button on the left).
Date Event Relation 2005-04-30 Limerick River Fest 2005-04-16 Dublin Sluice Rodeo 2005-03-12 Clifton Rodeo 2005-03-04 Outdoor Adventure Show