- Home Country
- United States
- Looking for
- About me
- Travel through an adventure sports lens. Exploring Elements is your new source for information and entertainment related to the nomadic lifestyle of an adventure sports enthusiast. Topics: Adventure, Travel, Photography, Videography, WW Kayaking, Surf Kayaking, Trail Running, Kiteboarding, Outdoor Gear, Sportsmobile, Overland Equipment, Sea Kayaking, Snow Sports and Cycling.
- Boating type
- Creek, Play, Surf, Sea
- Paddle Brands
- Core Paddles
- Home spot
- Potomac River
- Boating philosophy
- Have fun on the water and explore the world from this amazing unique perspective!
- Favorite move
- Air Blunt
- No joined groups.
- Member since
- Wednesday, 25 January 2012 00:08
- Last online
- 2 weeks ago
- Profile views
- 705 views
Exploring Elements added a new video Mojave Rd: An American Desert Sportsmobile Adventure
- What's your favorite Creekboat??? » I want everything in my creekboat and I just can't seem to find it all in one boat. I need a new creekboat soon, as my L Fluid Solo has treated me well but it is time for it to retire. I wrote the HUGE Creekboat Review on my website last year as a comprehensive guide to all the boats available on th... (Whitewater)
- Re: River bucket list? » Great tough question Jeff! I'm up for joining you on a mission next year though :) I'm also up for joining on your mission Jeroen. I love the multicraft aspect of the trip. I have to say that getting on the Futa in Chile, before its killed by big dam projects, is at the top of my list. A Norway w... (Whitewater)
- 2013 Surf Kayaking World Championships » Lets make this the place to share the latest happenings from the World Championships this year on Playak. Share any stories, videos, and photos that you find about the contest here. I'm soooo ready for the World Championships this year in Australia. I'm super bummed I'm not able to scrape togethe... (Surf)
- Re: Surf kayaks » If your looking at playboat style craft that are fun in the surf you are looking at the right boats. The Ninja is a good one for sure, as most Riot boats are designed for waves. The release is awesome on river waves, but maybe not the best for the ocean. I'd also look at the Neckey Vibe, has a surf ... (Surf)
- Re: Recon or Bazooka » I haven't checked out the new Recon yet, but itching to. I have paddled on the river with many people that where in the boat and it looks really good. Even without paddling the Recon it is at the top of my list of creekers to purchase. The Bazooka I'm not a big fan of, but that is mostly due to the ... (Whitewater)
- Re: Playak got a little facelift... » Bright! Like the readability for sure. As you can tell by my logo though I'm partial to black and orange :D I have to say that for some reason the site seems more comercial and sterile. Only time will tell. I look forward to growth & change at Playak. Rock on...... (Playak)
Music Video: "Rubber Duckie" by Sarah Blessington - Sarah Blessington sings the Jim Henson Sesame St classic "Rubber Duckie," made famous by Ernie the muppet. Video by Bryon of www.ExploringElements.com..
Added: May 24.
Offroad Fun in WA: Headed to WA Overland Rally - Some small clips from the offroad adventures of David Priddis and Bryon Dorr on the way to WA Overland Rally 2012 in the WA forest. For full report check out www.ExploringElemetns.com..
Added: Aug 18 2012.
Mojave Rd: An American Desert Sportsmobile Adventure - Quick 2+ day run across the Mojave Road in my Sportsmobile along with 2 friends in 80 Series Land Cruisers on our way to Overland Expo '12. Check out the full report on www.ExploringElements.com..
Added: Jul 9 2012.
NF Clackamas: Waterfall Mission - Joe Stumpfel, Ryan Scott, Tony Skiv and I went into the NF Clackamas River for the sole purpose of trying to get a first descent on the unrun 40'+ waterfall in the middle of the run. Sadly clear cutting and the serious errosion it caused have made the unrunnable truly unrunnable:(.
Added: Jun 29 2012.
First 5 Move Combo in Competition: Stephen Wright TMG '12 - Stephen Wright throws the first ever 5 move combo in competition at the 2012 Teva Mountain Games. Stephen scored a 1150 on this ride, the second highest of the comp. Stephen scored an 1190 on his first ride in finals to take the win, beating Dane Jackson by only 50 points..
Added: Jun 6 2012.