- Home Country
- Nepali, Englsih
- Interested in
- Looking for
- Religious Views
- Bangor University, Nepal, Mountain biking, Paragliding, Trekking, Whitewater kayaking, Rafting, Kayaking
- Kayak, Adventure sports
- Jose Luis Perales, Manoj Kumar KC, Scorpions
- Vaniljesaus, WildWater, A Love Story, Means of Production, The Canoe Movie, Reel Water Productions
- The Welsh Rivers
- About me
skype - grgadventurekayaking
3 times Himalayan Kayak Champion, business owner, kayaker, raft guide and canyoneer in Nepal
- Mobile Phone
- +977 9841447561
- Land Phone
- +977 1
- Current City
- Boating type
- River running
- Boat brands
- Pyranah, liquid Logic, Dagger, Jackson, BigDog,
- Paddle Brands
- Gear brands
- Palm, Peak UK,
- Home spot
- Sun Kosi, Nepal
- Boating philosophy
- Life's an adventure...Go for it.
The World Class Kayak Academy ( www.worldclassacademy.com) have just spent the past three months paddling around Nepal with us. We covered the Trisuli, Upper Seti, Karnali, Marysandi, Bhote Kosi and the Belephi. Here's their Autumn quarter video http://youtu.be/JkycR9I6RR0 It's long, but worth a watch!
5 months ago
www.worldclassacademy.com) have just spent the past three months paddling around Nepal with us. We covered the Trisuli, Upper Seti, Karnali, Marysandi, Bhote Kosi and the Belephi. Here's their Autumn quarter video http://youtu.be/JkycR9I6RR0 It's long, but worth a watch!
kayakmaila created a new topic Travelling to Nepal this season? Sell us your boat! in the forums.
- World Class Academy - Nepal Semester Video » The World Class Kayak Academy (www.worldclassacademy.com) have just spent the past three months paddling around Nepal with us. We covered the Trisuli, Upper Seti, Karnali, Marysandi, Bhote Kosi and the Belephi. Here's their Autumn quarter video http://youtu.be/JkycR9I6RR0 It's long, but wort... (Whitewater)
- Kayak Hire in Nepal - The best fleet around! » This season we have been very busy buying lots and lots of kayaks! We are very excited to announce we now have the following (pretty much brand new) kayaks for hire... Pyranha Burn (M x 2), (L x 1), (S x 1) Liquid Logic Stomper Pyranha Everest Riot Magnum (72 x 3), (80 x 2) ... (FS - Asia)
- Travelling to Nepal this season? Sell us your boat! » Hey guys. Just wanted to leave a quick note, I know a fair few of you are heading over to Nepal this season. If you are coming with a boat or any kit, and want to sell it, please think of us. I run a kayaking company here in Nepal (www.grgadventurekayaking.com) and it is getting harder and h... (Whitewater)
- Rafting and Kayaking trips Nepal, Fall 2012. » Nepal, home to some of the best white-water in the world, amazing scenery rich culture, incredible cliff jumps and great weather. We have trips available for all levels of paddlers, in a raft, kayak or ducky and we don’t just end there, ask us about canyoning, bungee jumping, trekking and paraglidin... (Whitewater)
- Himalayan River Fest 2012 » The NEW Himalayan River Fest will be held in Nepal on the 23rd – 25th 2012 November To enter please email firstname.lastname@example.org Open to all levels of kayaker. Spectators more than welcome. Some great prizes up for grabs. Events include a freestyle, down river race and a slalom and a ... (Whitewater)
- Himalayan Whitewater Championships 2011 » Hi Paddlers, I just wanted to let you all know the Himalayan Whitewater Championships will be held this year on the 2-4th Dec on the Trisuli river of Nepal. If you are in the country it is a GREAT event for paddlers, come down and watch or take part. For more information on competing etc ple... (Whitewater)
- Re: Enter contest to win a free Johnnie Kayaker Tshirt » Done!... (Whitewater)
- Re: Flying with a boat to nepal? » Hey, It is possible to fly to Nepal with kayaks, every time we go to England we bring one back with us. The easiest airlines to use are Jet or Kingfisher. Just madke sure you ring them before and tell them and it should be no issue. I have only ever been charged extra once. (Kingfisher giv... (Whitewater)
- Re: Nepal in February » Hey, Kayaking is still possible in feb, but you are right the waters are very low (best season is Oct-Nov just after the monsoon). If you are looking at Class III/IV, I would recommend starting a day on the Trisuli, then the Marsyandi, I can't say for sure until nearer the time but usually th... (Whitewater)
- SUN KOSI, Nepal, April 3rd 2010, » We have a few places spare for a raft trip departing the 3rd of April 2010 from Kathmandu for a 9 day trip to the Sun Kosi. The more that come along the cheaper it will be! Get in touch with Maila Gurung on email@example.com if you would like to book your spot on the raft. or visit ht...
Multi River Kayak Trip in Nepal - (Sorry about the low quality, uploading in Nepla takes years so I had to reduce the size). This is a video of Maila from GRG's and Capo from the World Class Kayak Academy spending two weeks cheking out rivers in Nepal for the World Class to bring their school here in the Autumn season. They travelled to the Trisuli, Upper Seti (which unfortunatley is now unrunnable due to the floods), Modi, Madi, Marsyandi, Belephi and Bhote Kosi..
Added: May 9 2012.
Low Water on the Modi, Nepal - Ke Gharne!! - Maila and Capo had abit of a disasterous trip to the Modi, when they finally got there...there was no water! I don't think they were best pleased!.
Added: May 7 2012.
Canyoning in Nepal - Jalberi Canyon - Canyoning is one of the newest sports to hit Nepal and there are some incredible places to go, many of which are yet to be discovered. This is a short vid of a recent trip of ours to the Jalberi Canyon (only 3 hours from Kathmandu) a great day trip!.
Added: Dec 2 2011.
To see more Facebook information about this user, make sure your Playak and Facebook accounts are connected (click the blue Connect button on the left).
Date Post 2009-06-21 Welcome
Date Event Relation 2012-11-23 Himalayan River Fest 2011-12-02 Himalayan Whitewater Championships 2010-12-03 Himalayan Whitewater Challenge Compete
My twitter updates
2382 tweets, 1758 followers#AdventureTravel in #Nepal. #Rafting, #Kayaking and #Canyoning specialists.
I posted 83 photos on Facebook in the album "9.11.13 Sun Kosi" http://t.co/MSP5qKbiY0Sunday, 19 May 2013 17:16
Article on Maila Gurung - The Paddler, May 2013 http://t.co/K6u5CMbgyiFriday, 17 May 2013 09:15
Thinking of everyone in Thamel who got caught up in the fire yesterday. Still little news is tricking through.... http://t.co/Oxvu5cbdoRFriday, 17 May 2013 03:06
@HollyWagstaff I'm fine thanks Holly, Not in Kathmandu, Maila is but stayed with his sister I think. It got loads of Thamel..crazyFriday, 17 May 2013 03:00