[please login to make this ad block disappear]
- Home Country
- United States
- Boating type
- Big Water!
Education and Work
- Power Plant Operator
- No friends yet
- No joined groups.
RomanLA replied to the topic Re: Peru Class IV Expedition Paddlers Sought - Grand Canyon of Peru in the forums.
- Re: Peru Class IV Expedition Paddlers Sought - Grand Canyon of Peru » Sounds like a great trip! I read Running the Amazon a couple years ago. I'd love love love to run it, but I'm out of vacation till next year. Gotta love 3 week Grand Canyon trips! lol...
- North Carolina - Tuck, Nanty, Etc. » I'm leaving tomorrow night for 2 weeks in North Carolina. I'd like to run the Tuck on Sunday morning. Then I'll be in raft guide class all week. The following weekend I'll be looking to run the Nanty. If those go well, I might try something bigger too. Drop me a pm, if you're interested.... (North America)
- Re:North Carolina Paddling » Here's the clubs listed on American Whitewater... http://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/Affiliate_view_#NC By the way, I think I'll be out there the first two weeks in March. I'm going to do the raft guide class at NOC the first week. Then I'll probably hang out there and do some kayaking an... (North America)
- Re:Creek kayak... ? » That's what I paddle and I weigh 240lbs. I'll probably bring that and a SCUD with me to North Carolina. I'll let you try them out while I'm there. By the way, I think I'm going to push back my trip to some time after Memorial Day. I'll let you know the dates when I make reservations.... (Whitewater)
- Re:Recommended paddler weight » Don't forget that you will probably put flotation bags in your boat too. Basically, where you fall in the weight range will determine how close your chines are to the water. If you're low in the weight range, they will be further from the water making it easier to river run. If you're high in the we...
- Re:Advice » Some people I know from Arkansas went recently. They said the rapids weren't as bad as you might think. They also said it's worth swimming the whole thing. lol I'm not ready for the paddle yet, but I enter the lottery every time. If I win, I'll do whatever it takes to get ready and bring people that...
- Re:Looking for North Carolina Forums » Thanks y'all! :)... (North America)
- Re:I'm Looking to buy a playboat any suggestions?? » When people check out my boat, the first thing they usually comment on is the nice outfitting. The seat is really comfortable. It comes with a variety of pads for the hip pad sock. The thigh braces can be adjusted to wrap further around your leg. It's a really nice setup. http://www.bliss-stick... (Whitewater)
- USFS Proposes Give-away of Public Land Accesses!!! » I ran across this on the Arkansas Canoe Club forums. This could result in the loss to public access to many paddling locations. I'd recommend that everyone leave their comments and also contact your elected officials. You can click on the link below and enter your zip code to email them all at once....
- Re:New 42m waterfall record? » I read that Tyler Bradt ran Alexandra Falls for the new world record...107ft. http://www.paddlermagazine.com/news/?ACT=READ&number=260... (Whitewater)