- Birth date
- Home Country
- United States
- The Potomac!
- About me
- InBetween Swims is the WhiteWater Podcast! Subscribe via I-tunes or download the mp3 at http://www.inbetweenswims.com/
- No joined groups.
- Member since
- Saturday, 02 June 2007 13:29
- Last online
- 2 months ago
- Profile views
- 1,696 views
inbetweenswims created a new topic On the new In Between Swims - The Great White Explorer (audio version) in the forums.
inbetweenswims created a new topic The Future of Boat Design - on the new In Between Swims! in the forums.
inbetweenswims created a new topic In Between Swims coverage of 2011 Outdoor Retailer! in the forums.
- Re: Motivation to kayak » Awesome......
- So, you're ready for the Gauley... on the new In Between Swims! » On the new episode of In Between Swims - So, you're ready for the Gauley... Downriver racer Geoff Calhoun joins me to talk all things Gauley - the river, the rapids, the Festival, the experience. We break down the big rapids and talk about the lines from a racer's perspective. Plus, a helpful hin... (Whitewater)
- Re: just getting started » Quality comments here. I'd also add that, as a beginner and with a Jefe, you might err on the side of a slightly longer paddle. Also, you might consider the blade a bit. Bigger blade can equal more catch but also equal more torque on the shoulders. If possible, demo. Many outfitters have a... (Whitewater)
- Re: River bucket list? » Hawaii Sur Rhone is certainly on that list - as is Zambezi. Would love a shot at France's Verdon Gorge and the Ashlu in BC. The pics The Range Life used to put on their site drove lots of worktime day-dreaming. Omo used to be a childhood dream of mine - but, alas, hydropower has robbed most of... (Whitewater)
- Re: What was your first WW kayak? » First boat was a Perception Pirouette S - in the early years. I remember taking one out for a test paddle on the Potomac and telling the buyer I thought I could grow my skills into such a small, little boat. Most influential boat I owned for the longest period of time was a first generation Wave... (Whitewater)
- Re: What's your favorite Creekboat??? » My favorite creek boat is different from the one I'd consider if shopping now. Hands down, my fave was LL's Gus. Really enjoyed the rocker profile, the chines, and the speed. I know it's a bit different from other designs but it remains a favorite. There are other creek designs I've paddled an... (Whitewater)
- Re: Need Kayak Friends » Have you tried the NE PA Kayak School. Jerry McAward runs a great program and usually has classes and trips through the season... Good place to connect with others. http://www.kayakschool.com/ ~jeffmc... (Whitewater)
- On the new In Between Swims -> The Best of Swims! » In this new episode of In Between Swims... A collection of the best (and worst) swims from 5 years of In Between Swims. Featuring stories from seasoned proâs and amateur alike, I look back at epic tales from Emily Jackson, Steve Fisher, Tao Berman, Woody Callaway and many more. Thanks for list...
- On the new In Between Swims - The Great White Explorer (audio version) » In Between Swims presents the audio version of late, African river pioneer Hendri Coetzee's blog, 'The Great White Explorer' with host, Jeff McIntyre. "The days of the great explorers who walked onto blank continents and sailed into unending oceans are gone for good. People like me are wannabes, ...
- How to Win the Green Race...on In Between Swims! » What's the difference between running a river and racing the river? Experienced Green racer Jason Beakes joins the show to talk about how to race the Green River, what makes it difficult, and takes us through the strategy for each rapid. Thanks for listening! ~jeffmc ******************* L...
Date Post 2009-03-31 Big Waterfalls and World Records! A conversation with Ben Stookesbury on the new InBetween Swims:The Whitewater Podcast!