support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: White Nile Safety?

White Nile Safety? 13 years 8 months ago #29970

• gohuge
  • Pro Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
My group is planning a January/Feb trip to the White Nile. With recent terrorism some of my clients have concerns.

Can you give feedback, links, reports related to the safety of the White Nile as a destination? I realize the terrorist activity was to the north but must do a thorough research prior to any decisions.

Thank you.

David Hughes
www.NewRiverAcademy.org
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:White Nile Safety? 13 years 8 months ago #29971

• scottyr
  • Guru Boarder
Hi David,

Following the news reports here in South Africa, it seems as though the African Union is going on the offensive in a big way against the Somali extremists. What this might mean for your trip plans I don't know. it does seem like the focus is on the Ugandan government rather than attacking westerners.
Although it does seem like it is likely to be concentrated in Somalia rather than Uganda, but you never know how these terrorist groups will react to such actions.
Read further here: www.mg.co.za/article/2010-07-28-africa-r...s-troops-for-somalia

I think the best thing to do is to get in touch with Jamie at Kayakthenile and ask, he would be the best person to give you an idea of the feel of the place at the moment.

Best of luck.
Scotty R

Re: White Nile Safety? 13 years 8 months ago #29990

• KayaktheNile
  • Junior Boarder
Hi David

I sent you a mail just about a week a go but my email has a habit of ending up in spam folders. If you cant find it let me know and ill send it through all again
Hope all well

Jamie
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.