Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Riot Disco

Riot Disco 16 years 10 months ago #15650

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Boats Database: [url=article.php?id=2592]Riot Disco [/url]
When we set out to create the Disco, everyone had asked us for a small Glide. After all, the Glide is generally considered THE wave-surfing, cartwheeling machine. So if we followed the market by taking our hot kayak and chopping it down, we had to have a winner, right? But the Disco's creator-Corran Addison- wanted more than that.
If you're happy, you're successful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Riot Disco 16 years 10 months ago #31163

• freaky
  • Grom Boarder

i wouldlike people point of view on the riot disco for a be giner paddler

Re:Riot Disco 16 years 10 months ago #15651

• Paraic
  • Pro Boarder
A good choice :grin:. Will run you down grade II-III rivers safely and is a great introduction to playboating. As your skills improve it's probably pretty good for grade IV as well.

Re:Riot Disco 16 years 10 months ago #15652

• AdrianTregoning
The Disco is a legend. You can't really go wrong. Just heard many issues about Riot plastic. I guess if it's made it this far, then it was a good one, from a good year. ;)

I assume you saw Donovan's post on the tangent? :D

Re:Riot Disco 16 years 10 months ago #15659

• ScottBarnes
  • Guru Boarder
If anyone has a chance to get a Disco, then do it!
There has not been a boat made since then that can take care of beginners and experts alike, as well as the Disco.

Re:Riot Disco 16 years 10 months ago #15718

• AllenG
  • Gold Boarder
I bought a Disco (new) second hand recently. I've been paddling for quite a while now, but this is my first play style kayak. It's pretty easy to carve, and really good on the waves. It's not bad in the holes, but I'm a bit of a novice - I can't cartwheel yet or really do any tricks. Side surfing and spins are pretty good though! Going down rapids is pretty good, the flat bottom of the kayak helps you feel very stable. It's pretty easy to make it go where you want, and punches through small/medium holes pretty well. I think it's a good beginner's playboat.

The only issue I have is that the outfitting leaves a lot to be desired. The back band in my disco doesn't offer that much support (it keeps falling down too low on my back). Another thing is that I've had to replace 4 of the snowboard straps, and I've just snapped another this weekend. However, I don't think this is the fault of riot, but the previous owner using it in either saltwater or chlorine pool (or both) and not rinsing it out. I think this has caused the plastic of the outfitting to go brittle. I did email Riot to try and get some replacement parts but could never get a response. However, it wasn't too hard to take the broken straps to a snowboard place to get replacements though. Trying to pull the seat out to replace them was a bit harder, but you get pretty good at it after the 4th time :)

If the outfitting looks in good condition, and it's a good price, then I'd say snap it up! a great first playboat!

Re:Riot Disco 16 years 9 months ago #16545

• AdrianTregoning
Pishk wrote:
I did email Riot to try and get some replacement parts but could never get a response.

You must be the tenth person already to have posted on Playak saying that you e-mailed Riot and that they never replied. :ask: Wonder what's up with them..

Re:Riot Disco 16 years 9 months ago #16550

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
AdrianTregoning wrote:
You must be the tenth person already to have posted on Playak saying that you e-mailed Riot and that they never replied. :ask: Wonder what's up with them..
Maybe some sort of e-mail problem. I regularly talk to them on the phone and never have any problems getting through, so you may want to try that, and at the same time ask if your e-mail maybe ended up in a spam filer or so:

+1 (514) 931-0366
If you're happy, you're successful.

Riot Disco 10 years 10 months ago #32968

• geoff.baird
  • Grom Boarder
does anyone know where I can get fins for my Riot Disco?

Re: Riot Disco 10 years 10 months ago #32969

• bartw
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9

Riot Disco 10 years 9 months ago #33045

• geoff.baird
  • Grom Boarder
does anyone know where i can buy fins for a riot disco play boat?

Re: Riot Disco 10 years 9 months ago #33048

• bartw
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.