Support American Whitewater! support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: DragoRossi Critical Mass XL

DragoRossi Critical Mass XL 17 years 1 month ago #13653

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Boats Database: [url=article.php?id=1818]DragoRossi Critical Mass XL[/url]
While this may come as a surprise, most creek boats are not designed to optimise performance in the extreme realm, but rather to cater to what current trends dictate a creeker should look like. In this day and age, thats an ultra short boat with a long planing surface. A short boat with no reach or vertical stability, who’s ability to turn is restricted by the effort to make it fast. Designers have known for some time that boats are shorter than they should be, and thats why lengths have been creeping up each year.
If you're happy, you're successful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DragoRossi Critical Mass XL 17 years 1 month ago #31150

• Beaverman
  • Pro Boarder
Can anyone tell me how they like DragoRossi's new thigh braces?

Re:DragoRossi Critical Mass XL 16 years 4 months ago #19782

• Murz
  • Pro Boarder
Have it & love it. Tryed b4 BigGun, Nomad, Burn, & some other boatz, CM is the best, easest turning, incredible speed, and outstanding autobuf. only issue is weight, actually not lightweight boat usually has some not really nessesary staff in stern. So it's really heavy 2 carry.

Used on bigvolume class 3-4 rapids.

Do not know about thigh braces not own.

Re:DragoRossi Critical Mass XL 16 years 3 months ago #19795

• ScottBarnes
  • Guru Boarder
I am happy that you like your Critical Mass. It is a great boat. You have the \"Elite\" model with all of the options. It is a little bit heavy to carry but works well on the water.
The \"Performance\" edition has different outfitting (no hatch, no bulkhead, different seat) so is lighter.

Re:DragoRossi Critical Mass XL 16 years 3 months ago #19796

• Murz
  • Pro Boarder
U know, may be this is important when u selecting a boat 2 buy, but if u ever tryed boat with hatch i think its, almost impossible 2 change it on a boat without hatch. So, If need a boat 2 carry i can take lighter one from (I'm not sure about word) my frends. :)
The only thing that I really don't need in CM is Breathing Tube, actualy i even boiled last spring under 4meters waterfall, i was drawned without this feature, but almoust sure that this future couldn't help me, 'couse I lost my boat after 10 seconds of boilin'.
Another problem of the boat is... Outfitting. :))) If reading features on dragorossy site their almoust increadible, but in realm u has almost same problems as in Big Gun, exeptually sitting pad. So Brakin straps and everythin, is still there, nevermind of words of famous guys. But it's still the best, becouse of u can easily adjust yo oufitting 2 u and use perfect shapes of boat.

p.s. Last problem is support, I ordered lost nose sticker monthes ago, and still have no answear.

p.p.s. Sorry 4 my baaaad language! :)

Re:DragoRossi Critical Mass XL 16 years 3 months ago #19800

• ScottBarnes
  • Guru Boarder
Yes. Making the hatch is difficult. So it is wise to get buy a boat that has one if you think you will need it.

The breathing tube will most likely be more useful for handing to a friend if he is pinned. I think of it like a throw rope. It is not for me. It is for my friends.

I am sorry about the bow sticker. I suggest you send an email to [mail address protected from spambots with javascript] and see if they have one for you.

I like the medium \"elite\" seat because it only needs one thin piece of foam on the sides and it fits me perfect. Finding the correct seat is very important with these boats.

Re:DragoRossi Critical Mass XL 16 years 3 months ago #19801

• Murz
  • Pro Boarder
ScottBarnes wrote:
Yes. Making the hatch is difficult. So it is wise to get buy a boat that has one if you think you will need it.
Im not sure that I really need it, but i surely know that it's incredibly comfortable option 4 any boat! :) One of the things, that u cannot imagine b4 try.
I am sorry about the bow sticker. I suggest you send an email to [mail address protected from spambots with javascript] and see if they have one for you.
:))) Tryed twice. Nothing happened, really nothing. U know, my last girlfrend has Perception spin, and while we were going 2 playspot some of screws were lost, long road and everything.... We tryed 2 find same screws and couldn't, 'couse of different type of carvin (? not sure), but when she asked 4 this screws perception, they send her a letter with catalog and some screws. And when I lost piranha's drain bung, I send them 6 letters, just wanted 2 buy one drain bung, and still (2 years passed) didn' catch any answer. That's what about support difference. :)
So I sent 2 letters 2 dragorossi some month ago, and not sure, that one more will change anything. Looks like siberia is really far from anywhere. :(

Re:DragoRossi Critical Mass XL 16 years 3 months ago #19802

• ScottBarnes
  • Guru Boarder
I like the hatch on the Critical Mass. I zgree it is a great option. I think that my next Mafia will not have it.

The Factory in Italy is closed until 6 of January. Email them about your sticker. If no answer then email me on 15 of January and I will see what I can do to help.

Re:DragoRossi Critical Mass XL 16 years 3 months ago #19803

• ScottBarnes
  • Guru Boarder
new thigh braces will be finished in early 2008, during the winter, so hang on a for a short time and we'll get them out there with some feedback.

Re:DragoRossi Critical Mass XL 14 years 4 months ago #28624

• Re3onat0r
  • Junior Boarder
2 years, second CM, lots of new rivers, new paddling philosophy, even new playak account, but still love it. For sure CM - great boat.

P.S. CM without hatch is much easier to carry! :)

Critical Mass XL 12 years 4 months ago #32011

• wasatchbill
  • Grom Boarder
What thigh/knee braces are available in the US? A friend is selling one of these, but it has no knee braces. I would also like to hear opinions in 2011, compared to Jackson Villain, LL Remix 79, Stomper, other newer boats.
The seat also feels rock hard; is there a seat pad available?

The CM looks like a fast boat for downriver races with a 9 foot length limit; anyone used it for that? I only see one in the Green Race 2011, with many Remix 79, Nomad 8.5, Stompers etc ahead of it.
Thanks,
Bill
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.