support unicef support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Dagger Agent 6.2

Dagger Agent 6.2 17 years 4 months ago #10648

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Boats Database: [url=article.php?id=1719]Dagger Agent 6.2[/url]
The Agent is designed to be a comfortable player that goes big yet remains very forgiving with a double release edge.
If you're happy, you're successful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dagger Agent 6.2 17 years 4 months ago #31128

• theo
  • Junior Boarder
THIS BOAT LOOKS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 17 years 4 months ago #10649

• Tuomas
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It looks like an inbreed between the project and the astro. Probably another good spud boat.

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 17 years 4 months ago #10703

• ronnie
  • Pro Boarder
Tuomas wrote:
It looks like an inbreed between the project and the astro. Probably another good spud boat.

eh, seems to me that its pretty much a project:

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 17 years 4 months ago #10733

• ConorIRL
  • Junior Boarder
Considering they're made side by side, a certain project likeness isn't all that shocking, rails do look a lot more forgiving though... Still Ronin is the one, something to make you paddle right:lol:

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 17 years 4 months ago #11036

• robmeister
  • Guru Boarder
What do you mean about the ronin?

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 17 years 4 months ago #11043

• ConorIRL
  • Junior Boarder
The Ronin is actually quite unforgiving to paddle by the looks of it, and by account of people who've paddled it, I'll hopefully be able to give a personal opinion in a couple of weeks time as I'm waiting on a demo. Apparently it'll punish if you don't get it right hence the 'make you paddle right'. I'm really looking forward to it:bounce:

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 17 years 4 months ago #11047

• robmeister
  • Guru Boarder
oh, gotcha.

Yeah, im looking forward to the Ronin as well, looks like it could be an awesome wave machine. There was a forum post a while back from someboayd who said that they were terrible, thats why team ll was still using the visions at worlds. I didnt really beleive becasue i didnt want to, plus the video footage ive seen looks awesome. Do you know anyone whos paddled one so i coulde get a differetn opinion? My local shop wont have one in fo another month or so( i think)

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 17 years 4 months ago #11077

• ConorIRL
  • Junior Boarder
Sorry dude,

I'm in the same situation as yourself, one of the local lads is out in canada at the mo and was saying that it's not the easiest, but he's wavesport sponsored so I'm holding out hope yet. Just demo it with a couple of mates and work out your own opinion is what works for me. Best of luck

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 17 years 4 months ago #11080

• robmeister
  • Guru Boarder
Even if its not the easiset boat to paddle, id still like it if it is an exceptional performer. Ill take performability over paddleability andy day. CAn only make me better right?

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 16 years 11 months ago #14790

• andrewnoob
  • Grom Boarder
We have a few paddlers in my familly. Currently we have a project 52 and a kingpin. I recently acquired an Agent and found it to be similar to the project in design but more comfortable. Basically need to use better technique when playing cuz its abit edgier but ultimately carves real well. Easy to throw down with enough volume in the bow to get sky borne. Paddled relatively lots of playboats and found it to be the most comfortable and the best boat all round so far I've used. Lots of good boats out there, but for me getting the correct weight to boat volume ratio is probably the most important reason to favouring a particular boat over another.

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 16 years 11 months ago #14850

• Kicks
  • Gold Boarder
I really wanna try one of these out. Looks awsome from videos i've seen, and yes, remarkably similar to the Project, which isn't a bad thing.
Kicks

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 16 years 11 months ago #14859

• Tuomas
  • Gold Boarder
My brother just got his new Agent 6.2 a week ago and I gave her a test run. Initially it feels pretty good. Lots of pop for loops for sure. The hull feels loose even on flat water, but I haven't been able to try it on a proper wave yet so no comment on wave performance. The most noticeably difference for example to my Astro was how fast it was from edge-to-edge - the boat felt almost like a displacement hull. I think this is due the highly raised edges and the idea behind is probably that it will be easier to dig the edges on fast, hard waves to initiate air moves.

So far I'm giving this boat a thumbs up even I have no reference how it will perform on real river features... Atleast it looks funky :roflol:

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 16 years 11 months ago #14860

• AdrianTregoning
Hey T, what's your guess on water temp:?: :skull:

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 16 years 11 months ago #14861

• Tuomas
  • Gold Boarder
I would guess 2-3 degrees Celsius, but in this case it doesn't affect the performance in this case. The cold water is higher in density and viscosity. It's noticeable when surfing big, fast waves... making them a harder surface to bounce on.

Also the holes feel stickier in cold water :roflol:

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 16 years 11 months ago #14862

• AdrianTregoning
I think I'd freeze my weenie off :stop: :bounce:

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 16 years 11 months ago #14875

• Batayak
  • Gold Boarder
I've paddled with a few guys from world class who were using the agent, and they love them. They were really throwing down on this small local feature, but then again, I guess everyone was...:D

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 15 years 4 months ago #24045

• konakid94
  • Grom Boarder
I bought a agent 6.2 a few weeks ago and i love it:laugh:
a mate at the canoe club said that there is something that you can buy that goes under the front of the seat where you can adjust it. Apparently it raises your knees up so your more snug in the boat. Only problem is i can't seem to find anything about it on the internet. just wondered whether anyone could help me out and send me a link about it.
Cheers:)

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 15 years 4 months ago #24046

• Dan@want to paddle
  • Expert Boarder
hello the konakid when you got the boat you should of had a bag of bits of foam to out fit your boat ?
if so there should be some pads witch go under your thighs to lift you up to stop you getting dead legs
well i think so

Dan

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 15 years 4 months ago #24047

• cjcc
  • Guru Boarder
www.jacksonkayak.com/store/product.cfm?p...-seat-thruster-combo . As far as I can tell, it makes more volume as it acts as an overthruster to give more pop, and the base of it lifts your thighs up. You would probably be better off getting the combo on the link than the happy seat by itself, because it could slide around some but the overthruster should help stabilize it. You can also get thigh lifters www.outdoorplay.com/store/Product.asp?SK...&utm_campaign=search . Also, the WS Project cx has these: www.doubleyouess.com/currentNews.php?news_id=359 . Use ctrl-f and type in leglifter.

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 15 years 4 months ago #24050

• konakid94
  • Grom Boarder
I bought the boat second hand the only foam that came with it was already stuck down in the middle and where your shins sit in the boat for added comfort i think but thanks anyway and ill have a look whether i could shape some foam to put underneath. Cheers.

Re:Dagger Agent 6.2 15 years 4 months ago #24051

• konakid94
  • Grom Boarder
Ok thanks the links were really useful the outdoor play thigh lifters look like they would do the job! and the project 54 cx looks amazing!
cheers.

Agent 6.2 12 years 4 months ago #32000

• bartw
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Dagger Agent overview video
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.