Login / Connect
Like us on Facebook
- Kayaking in the heart of Stockholm Archipelago of Sweden » Hello sea kayaking lovers... (Sea Kayaking and Touring)
- Robson moonster Kayak » Seat forward...
- building your own squirt boat » > Does anyone out there know where I can find step by step instructions > about how to build a squ... (Whitewater)
- Small Pyranha Loki for sale » Hi Charles, Unfortunately this post is over 4 years old so I would imagine the boat has been sold... (FS - North America - US)
- Necky Blunt for sale » Is your boat still For sale... (FS - Africa)
- WTB Jackson Funrunner 60 » Looking for a Funrunner 60... (FS - North America - US)
[please login to make this ad block disappear]
TOPIC: building your own squirt boat
building your own squirt boat 2 months 2 weeks ago #36112
> Does anyone out there know where I can find step by step instructions
> about how to build a squirt boat (a low-volume whitewater kayak)? I've
> found a lot of information about touring kayaks but not much about squirt
The only book that I know of is "Boatbuilders Manual" By Charles Walbridge. It is pretty much the bible of composite building as far as I know. The best thing to do is to find someone who is building one and offer to help. I have built several squirt boats with a circle of friends, for many parts of the process watching or having the guidance was best way to learn and there are a million little tricks to learn. Working with and mixing vinylester resin and chopping the boat are all art forms. I have not built any in a few years just repaired the ones I am currently paddling.
Although it is fun building them it is a TON of work and I doubt if I would build any more due the abundance of used boats avaliable that are current designs. Unless you steal a design the only molds avaliable will be somewhat outdated. Also John Schreiner at New Wave Kayaks make some pretty incredible boats for just over a grand. Which when you figure the improved quality, warranty, cutting edge designs and no labor with toxic resins they are a great deal.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.