[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Paddler rescued by a set of pulleys

Paddler rescued by a set of pulleys 2 years 3 months ago #35608

• Fauxlaf
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,
did you ever hear that a paddler was rescued by a set of pulleys/z-drag? I heard several times that it did not work. Never that it really worked. Does anyone knows a case where pulleys saved one´s life?
Very excited!
Thanks in advance
Fauxlaf
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Paddler rescued by a set of pulleys 2 years 2 months ago #35627

• richvrm
  • Junior Boarder
We set up a mock rescue for our white water club years ago. While we were doing the mock rescue a couple ran up the shore letting us know there was a group pinned at the rapid below. We gathered all of the ropes and went to the next rapid. There was a raft wrapped on a rock with a woman trapped. We set up the z-drags and pulled the raft up off of her and pulled her and the other lady off the rock without harm. We then trough throw ropes to the two guys (very drunk) and drug them to shore through the water. So far that is the only time that I have used one for an actual rescue and it was mainly being in the right place at the right time. I also don't think we could have pulled that raft off of her and that rock in that water without the pulleys. Even with 4 pulleys on the rope it took 6 good sized men to pull it off of her with out sliding it around the edge of the rock and grinding her in between. It is one of those drills that you hope to never use but when you need it it is great to have it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

Sponsors

JKPalm

NRS

See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.