Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Bliss Stick Scud

Bliss Stick Scud 11 years 1 month ago #32889

• mattpea
  • Pro Boarder
I need some advice I am considering purchasing a Scud but the river levels have dropped off before I have had a chance to try one and was just wondering on peoples views. I am in and around the 95kg mark and I can't find any weight guidelines any I too big?

Thanks for any help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Bliss Stick Scud 11 years 1 month ago #32891

• fitz_r
  • Grom Boarder
I paddled a scud for a while and at the 94 - 96kg mark. I found the stern tended to swamp over and lose speed over holes, also found it more difficult to roll up as again there seemed to be too little volume in the back. Perhaps a better technique than I had then would have helped.

Loved it otherwise, my weight was the only reason I sold it.

Re: Bliss Stick Scud 11 years 1 month ago #32892

• jf
  • Grom Boarder
I also paddled one for a while. It is a versatile boat and good for a play as well as a bit of fast down river. I had a pretty poor roll at the time and found the Scud difficult to get back upright. That is more about me than the boat. I find that newer river runners roll-up with way less effort. it was difficult to flush from a hole. I moved on from that boat to a JK Super Fun (I'm 100kg) and now a RAD195. I would still be happy with the Scud but the others carve into eddies way better.
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.