support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Good surfing boat

Good surfing boat 17 years 8 months ago #8180

• chadwick
  • Grom Boarder
I'm looking to buy a kayak for surfing waves. I live in Michigan and I've been surfing (or trying) with a dagger crossover for around 3 years now. I'm not too interested at the moment in learning crazy tricks... I just want a boat that will ride waves nice and give me control over where i'm going. I'd like a decently forgiving boat thats not extreamly difficult to roll (i can roll the crossover in under 3 seconds but it a big cylinder).

I'm thinking a used kayak. hoping to spend less then $500. I'm 6' and weigh 130#. I dont really want something extreamly short... kinda thinking in the 7.5 to 9 foot range.

thanks for any help.
Chad
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Good surfing boat 17 years 8 months ago #8191

• VAPaddler1324
  • Gold Boarder
RPM?

Good surfing boat 17 years 8 months ago #8200

• stoneweasel
  • Gold Boarder
If it is soley for surfing that you want a boat then I would strongly recomend a composite surf specific boat.

There should be plenty of the slightly older designs around that will be well within your price range as there have been a lot of new designs recently.

hope this helps,
Denzil

Good surfing boat 17 years 8 months ago #8244

• Urge
  • Guru Boarder
or one of the plastic newtrons from mega. NOt knowing your size its hard to recommend a surf boat as they are all different. Stoneweasel has a composite newtron in fetching gold and silver colour and i believe he has tried the plastic ones so he could comment on those,

i paddle a revenge which is tiny and have tried the maverick which seemed ok if not a bit heavy and very grippy off the tail but the placky boats are cheaper and paddle better than i expected

have a play in a few if you can find one around your area second hand try it for size first

good luck mate
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.