[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Re: Question!!!!!!

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12574

• XxLittleMissNaughtyxX
  • Junior Boarder
hey girls
this may seem that i am really stupid but i have been wondering ( i do that alot) is there a kayak especially designed for women on the market????

if any1 knows do tell i'm curious.
XxLottixX:roflol:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12576

• Kayaker0678
  • Guru Boarder
I know i am a guy but my mom loves Wavesports because of the wide hips area

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12577

• Tuomas
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I thought the Wavesport EZG was designed for women, hence the name \"EZ Girl\" :lol:

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12580

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
Wave Sport XXX

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12588

• fungirl
  • Junior Boarder
I was wondering about that myself! Had a bit of a dilemma when buying my new boat last year. According to volume and weight ratios, I should have been perfectly comfortable in the Jackson 2Fun, but it seemed like the boat wasnt designed for feminine hips, everything else was perfect except for the pinch in the hips!! Anyway, ended up going up one size to the Fun and am loving the kayak.
Will need something with smaller volume when Im ready to throw around Pan Am's:lol:

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12589

• RobertZ
  • Gold Boarder
Hi,

The Fun series fits women well ussually. (you might want to take out of modify the hip pads though for the personal fit.

i tech a lot of women in my classes and the fun series is a huge success.

If you are looking for something to throw the moves go try the new Star and AllStar.

My wife and daughter are big Fun series Fans too.

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12603

• XxLittleMissNaughtyxX
  • Junior Boarder
cheers 4 that i was just curious really as i dont know much yet

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12605

• nathan
  • Guru Boarder
I thought the Wavesport EZG was designed for women, hence the name \"EZ Girl

no the EZG is part EZ series and part ZG series. The only boat specially designed for women was the wavesport Siren. It's not a very good boat by todays standards. The new Fluid Nemesis is coming out at round 42 gallons and i was told that it was tested a lot by women. In addition, the Fluid Solo S was designed for the designers wife who is only 110lbs

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12608

• XxLittleMissNaughtyxX
  • Junior Boarder
oh rite cheers for that nathan coz i noticed when i tried my boyfriends other boat it was horrible around the hips even when i put everything to my set - up although i do think coz i'm a beginner my tek 240 is a really good boat coz its wide. (i dont have really wide hips but us females are built alot differently then males).

XxLottixX

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12614

• ScottBarnes
  • Guru Boarder
WS Siren was designed for the women on their team

Lots of ladies in EZ series

I've also notices many in the Dagger RX series which (in my mind) is an EZ copy

Personally sold 3 DragoRossi Stingers to women who are very tall (ok. so I\"m short...)

Those are the trends I've noticed. Good luck finding a boat you like.

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12683

• nikki kelly
  • Grom Boarder
Hi Miss Naughty. I think any boat designed especialy for woman is enjoyed by the boys as well, so becomes a both gender boat. Difficult to design a specific womans boat as females vary in shape and size. What i personaly look for in a kayak, is narrow in depth so i can reach out and paddle pro activaly. Also Out fitting is the key to having control of your kayak. I paddle Dagger boats, they come with an extensive outfitting bag, so no matter your size, you can out fit perfect to your needs. I find the Mamba small size the best river running kayak on the market, im small, its perfect for me.

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12759

• Tits Mcgee
  • Junior Boarder
I really agree with Nikki Kelly. There is a huge choice of boats out there these days for different types of paddling and different sizes of people. I don't think this is really a gender question anymore because the boats on the market are so varied. When I started kayaking it was really limited to boats that only the strongest ladies could manuvere to impress the boys :)
Now, because of ever improving boat design and choice, paddling is more skill based for both blokes and women.
But hey, it would be cool to see a revolution in composite boats rather than these plastic bumper cars that everybody bundles down the river in. I swear my Dagger Mamba does everything for me :)

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12761

• AdrianTregoning
What it comes down to is boats small enough to handle small woman, or men, less than 50kg. But taking into account the larger and beautifully rounded hips of a fine lady.. ;-)

So some desginers make their seats to fit the largest backside possible but then also throw in some decent pads and a good system to close that gap for less rounded lady, or a bloke. :bounce:

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12767

• scottyr
  • Guru Boarder
The small Fluid Nemesis is designed for the much smaller paddler, its going to be even smaller than the small flirt (which is small, 45g), and is aimed at the ladies who want a high performance playboat, should be hitting the stores within a month or so.

Scotty

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12793

• XxLittleMissNaughtyxX
  • Junior Boarder
Cheers guys thats really usefull to know when i get boat, i like ur description of ladys hips adrian lol xxxxx

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #12857

• Urge
  • Guru Boarder
AdrianTregoning wrote:
What it comes down to is boats small enough to handle small woman, or men, less than 50kg. But taking into account the larger and beautifully rounded hips of a fine lady.. ;-)

So some desginers make their seats to fit the largest backside possible but then also throw in some decent pads and a good system to close that gap for less rounded lady, or a bloke. :bounce:

What about there lovely long legs! :notworthy: :roflol:

Im sure the evo from wavesport was another ladies model (but could be wrong!)

My girlfriend paddles a s/m SevenO and loves it as its light and fits her really well!

Your other option would be to get a custom squirt boat and that opens many models some dedicated for you lovely ladies

Re: Question!!!!!! 10 years 1 month ago #13022

• Rockyrider
  • Junior Boarder
I have an EZG 42 and its amazing.. its the only boat i tried that i absolutely loved. Its a perfect size- good for surfing and not too bulky. Its got plenty of room for my feet and a decent sized hip area.. i really couldnt be happier with it- plus, it looks pretty cute. One time on the New Boston a lady came up to me ( non paddler) and was like \" is that your boat?? OMG that is SO CUTE!\"

Lauren

Re: Question!!!!!! 9 years 3 weeks ago #20599

• Chrissie
  • Grom Boarder
I love the assumption that ladies are little petite things!
I'm definitely a girl but being a bit over 5' 10 with long legs and arse J-Lo would be proud of getting a boat i like(never mind love) has been a major problem!
I got a GTX when i started paddling coz it's the only boat i found that my arse/legs would get into and would let me feel my toes at the end of a day out boating. I'm now wanting something a bit smaller and bit more playful but I'm having serious issues finding anything! :frustrated:
Any suggestions very welcome and much appreciated!

Re: Question!!!!!! 9 years 3 weeks ago #20602

• AdrianTregoning
Chrissie wrote:
I love the assumption that ladies are little petite things!
I'm definitely a girl but being a bit over 5' 10 with long legs and arse J-Lo would be proud of getting a boat i like(never mind love) has been a major problem!
I got a GTX when i started paddling coz it's the only boat i found that my arse/legs would get into and would let me feel my toes at the end of a day out boating. I'm now wanting something a bit smaller and bit more playful but I'm having serious issues finding anything! :frustrated:
Any suggestions very welcome and much appreciated!

Well, there are many different sized ladies out there, no doubt about it. (getting dangerous Adrian) There are also many excellent play boats to choose from these days. But of course we don't know exactly how smartly rounded your arse may be? (danger level critical.. :D ) I'm sure it will lovingly fit into a medium Fluid Nemesis... ;) I would gladly offer you mine to try but that would be rather challenging given the distances involved. :ask: You've just got to demo as many boats as possible from as many different manufacturers as possible. That's the only way to see what works for you. Good luck!

(hope nothing offended you..) :sleep:

Re: Question!!!!!! 8 years 11 months ago #20930

• Urge
  • Guru Boarder
Another to consider for the longer legged ladies, Pyranha Rev Medium Long, or some of the older playboat designs such as the prozones, centrafuge etcB)
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Sponsors

JKPalm

NRS

See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.