Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: LL Stomper

LL Stomper 12 years 6 months ago #31806

• mattpea
  • Pro Boarder
I'm liking the look of the new LL stomper, but our local shop hasn't got a demo yet (hint to LL we need a demo boat in Ireland if your listening or reading more like).

I was wondering if anyone has got hold of one yet and how it compares to the Jefe (my last creeker) any thoughts would be good or if anyone knows where I can get a demo that would be good too.

Thanks

Matt
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: LL Stomper 12 years 6 months ago #31820

• tolyho
  • Junior Boarder
I just picked one up yesterday and spent a few hours in the water today adjusting it. I can give a lot of comparisons to the Burn and Solo but I did demo a Jefe for a while before deciding to wait on the Stomper. I bought it without demoing it at all and I have no regrets. I weigh about 162lbs and am 6' tall so I got the 80. It's a lot longer than my Solo was(my creeker for the past two years) and built a lot better than the Burn was(09' model). It has a TON of rocker and spins/turns faster than all of the other boats. It's screaming fast, faster than the Burn could wish to be. It tracks really well and is the easiest boat I've ever rolled. It's a beast tho. Every bit of the 46lbs when you're carrying it but that and the over 8' of length vanish when it's floating. Besides looking at the long front and, if you're flexible enough, the big a$$ it paddles like it's 7'. The Jefe would lock into a line and hold it with a lot more effort to change, rollie-pollie with the pure round bottom side whereas the Stomper has a lot more primary stability. The secondary on the Jefe is legendary and the Stomper isn't any different, I had it at 90 degrees(on it's sides) and paddled for about 50' before having to brace when I thought I was going over. I need to adjust it a bit more as it was getting grabbed in the back changing the direction a couple of times, the other side of that is that this boat is so stable I didn't care about the small shifts. Some seat adjustments should fix it though. I ran through some pushy class IV trying to get this thing to tip or window-shade in holes and could NOT get it to flip. Actually the only way I was able to flip it was on purpose to roll it a few times. I'm on the water again tomorrow and will get some more hours in it but I think these guys hit a home run. Thanks Shane and everyone at LL for a killer boat!

Re: LL Stomper 12 years 6 months ago #31821

• mattpea
  • Pro Boarder
Thank you for taking the time to give such detailed response, it maybe just me but you like the Stomper haha. Sounds like LL have nailed it again I look forward to getting a spin in one soon.

Re: LL Stomper 12 years 3 months ago #32114

• neilnt
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Matt,

I tried the Jefe Grande one day and then the Stomper the next on the same run and they are both very nice boats. The stomper is definitely much bigger in the front and handles a bit different with the flat hull, but not that much. They are both very nice boats and in the end I liked the Grande more (I'm a bit old school though).

I think there is a greater difference if you have the Jefe as the stomper doesn't have the weird chine at the back and has much more volume.

There were quite a few around at the end of the season in Austria and I didn't meet anyone who said they didn't like it.

Yours,

Neil Newton Taylor

www.swiftwaterrescue.at
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.