Support American Whitewater! support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: beginner needs help on size playboat wavesport zg

beginner needs help on size playboat wavesport zg 12 years 9 months ago #31451

• sometimesafish
  • Grom Boarder
hello everybody,

I am thinking of buying a zg 56 from a friend. I wondered if this boat has the right size for me. I weigh 70 kg and I am 1,85 meters tall.
According to the official site, the Paddler Weight Range is 140-220 lbs / 63.5kg-99.79kg.

Would this make for a good boat for me?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: beginner needs help on size playboat wavesport zg 12 years 8 months ago #31600

• andyskips
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,
I am 70kg and have a Riot inferno 54 (slightly less volume than 56), which is slightly too big for just flatwater playboating, but perfect for whitewater.
The 54 (or in your case 56) is the volume of the boat, which affects the weight range. The higher the volume, the more bouyant the kayak is, and the larger features you can do.
The less volume, the more control you have, and the easier it is to do tricks.

Hope this helps, and happy paddling! :)
Andy

Re: beginner needs help on size playboat wavesport zg 12 years 8 months ago #31611

• bartw
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Yep, I agry with Andy.
Seems you're near the minimum weight for this kayak, what can be somewhat less ideal for playboat moves. On the other end your quite tall, 1.89 m, so it will be the question if you will fit in a smaller ZG?? So acoording to your lenght this could be a good boat.
Maybe you can try to fit a smaller ZG with a retailer nearby, and if it's to small, the 56 could be a good boat for you.

Good luck!

Re: beginner needs help on size playboat wavesport zg 12 years 8 months ago #31635

• sometimesafish
  • Grom Boarder
thanks for your help. I bought the ZG 54 becaus the ZG 48 was really tight. I went playboating for the first time last week and I liked it. Not that I did much more then some flat spins and and an occaisonal cartwheel but I liked it.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.