Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Trouble planning kayak trips?

Trouble planning kayak trips? 12 years 11 months ago #31017

• thislife101
  • Grom Boarder
Hi,

Thinking of starting a travel website for kayakers because i think it is hard to find, compare and book places to stay and guides etc in different areas. I prefer using small, friendly local places but not always easy to find or arrange. What does anyone else think?

Do you have that problem or not? What websites do you use to plan kayak holidays? Do you usually book things before you arrive or not bother? What would be useful to help you plan trips?

Your comments much appreciated!

Many Thanks B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Trouble planning kayak trips? 12 years 11 months ago #31027

• deon
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
What you say is true, it can be tricky to organize trips. I think the various chat groups and forums have a lot to offer.

If you plan on coming to paddle in south africa or swaziland feel free to get hold of me and I will help you as much as possible.

Enjoy the planning and then enjoy the paddling even more.
d

Re: Trouble planning kayak trips? 12 years 11 months ago #31031

• thislife101
  • Grom Boarder
thanks for replying! how accessible do you think the chat groups and forums are? especially if you aren't used to them, or know about them?
for example, if i wanted to go on a scuba holiday, i'd have no idea where to start! I guess i want to build a resource for people perhaps who aren't so involved in the scene to be able to find guides/operators easily.

and if i'm ever down your way, i'll definitely look you up - cheers!

Re: Trouble planning kayak trips? 12 years 11 months ago #31032

• deon
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The forums aren't always that accesible especially in the less developed countries due to the fact that internet technology isn't always easy to get to. I think tho that anybody who has access to the internet and basic surfing skills should be able to rather easily find groups and forums to ask questions on regarding where they want to paddle. Reply's to certain topics take a while sometime especially if you want to go and paddle in less developed countries or strange places.

A database like you are suggesting could be very handy, easiest way to get something like that going would be to contact the various associations to which operators and guides belong if they are registered.

I will be in Germany for the freestyle worlds in June so if you are around there let me know and we can have a chat.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.