Login / Connect
Like us on Facebook
- Cracked Outfitting in Fluid Solo L » I realise I am 4 weeks too late perhaps. But if not, could post a photo of the boat and what you're ... (Whitewater)
- Expeditions in Nepal this Autumn (from $60 per day) » Want to try something different? Want to join one of our epic expeditions in Nepal? From 1 - 20 day ... (Whitewater)
- Guatemala's Oxec hydro project: July update » Hello river friends, I wanted to share some positive developments in the fight against the Oxec d... (Central and South America)
- Stand Up Paddleboarding Injuries » Click this SurveyMonkey link to participate: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MF2WQRB (30 or so mult...
- Naish puts hydrofoil SUP on the market » SUPkayak2016-05-21at09.34.40.jpg In the SUPzero Buyers Guide: http://supzero.com/buyers-guide/bo... (Surf SUP)
- Fatyak Samos SUP » Fatyak from the UK mostly makes Sit On Tops, but are planning to introduce a plastic SUP as well. Lo...
- WTB Jackson Funrunner 60 » Looking for a Funrunner 60. We live in Delaware but are coming to Week of Rivers. Thanks.... (FS - North America - US)
- Dagger Jitsu 6.0 Like Brand New for trade » I have a Dagger Jitsu 6.0 in green that id like to trade of a fishing kayak. Used once, way too adv... (FS - North America - US)
- Re: Wanted- Portland Oregon- Creek Boat » opinions and ideas welcome people.... (FS - North America - Canada)
[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Lucy O'Brien running challanging pour over - Neptune's Rangers Rough Water...
Our group loves a good challenge. We try to improve ourselves by making experienced decisions and pushing our own limits to improve our skills. Sometimes it may look like boat bashing and sometimes it may look easy. But there is a little more substance behind our group that you don't see in the...
Our group loves a good challenge. We try to improve ourselves by making experienced decisions and pushing our own limits to improve our skills. Sometimes it may look like boat bashing and sometimes it may look easy. But there is a little more substance behind our group that you don't see in the videos. Here is a great example of someone pushing the limit. This is a difficult run on the outskirts of Noyo Bay in Mendocino. Lucy did not make it the first time and got worked, then came back using what she learned on the first run and made it look easy. What makes this run so tricky? A lot of amplitude is needed to clear the rock, plus it was Lucy's first time using a WW boat in Rock Garden paddling, So she didn't take Into account that the boat was slower than the 14.5ft Looksha Sport she was used to. After the first run Lucy talked with us about how to improve her timing and her takeoff angle. The second run she accelerated sooner to beat the crest of the wave, and she also switched to a different approach to get more help from the current of the wave washing over the rock. The result: A clean run over the rock and a huge air drop over the other side FUN!! Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com or: neptunesrangers.com
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.